Don’t you find it frustrating to constantly being stand-by at a counter? Yes, you definitely do because you do not know when a customer might suddenly pop-up and if they do not find you at the counter, they’ll simply leave.
But, the good news is, an investment in KIOSK and a personalized KIOSK software can take care of all that. A KIOSK refers to a stand-alone booth which are often used in business areas of really high traffic for commercial purposes. They run on KIOSK software which is a dedicated user interface designed for an interactive KIOSK that need to be built from the ground up to align with the retailer’s value offering and services.
A KIOSK is just a touch sensitive machine with a screen. but it is the software that makes all the magic happen. The software has a wide range of applications such as education, commerce, entertainment, inquiry, ordering, ticketing, etc.
Moreover, it is no secret that nowadays high-street stores are adapting to the age of technology to keep up with competition from online retailers. They have KIOSKs to give customers a personalized retail experience.
What KIOSK Software Can Do?
Today, the KIOSK software is revolutionizing the entire retail industry. The software generally allows people to know the various types of products and services that are provided by a retail shop.
It eliminates the need for catalogues, and pen and paper which can be time consuming and really test customer patience. Through a KIOSK software, staff members at a retail store can enter desired details very easily when someone makes a purchase of an order.
Related Post: How Much Does it Cost to Develop an Mobile App?
In the other part of the spectrum, KIOSK software can also directly act as a security application specifically designed to transform a hand-held computer device, into a self-service KIOSK. Therefore, customers, when they visit a retail store can enter the details and customize their desired product and have them ready at the checkout counter.
Ways in Which KIOSK Software Improve Retail Experience
There is no actual limit to how much information is available to the customers regarding a product or service. Sometimes, such an overwhelming process can be made easier with a KIOSK software application as this is generally expected by shoppers to make the buying experience a lot more interesting.
KIOSK software was once restricted to ATMs. Today, interactive KIOSKS are popping up everywhere such as in government centers, business fronts, and retail outlets.
So, you might ask, why are companies investing so much into KIOSK machines and personalized KIOSK software and how do they improve the retail experience overall?
- Be alerted about problem: A KIOSK software will send regular messages to a central server to send statistics on its health and to notify if there are any problems in the system. Therefore, a SOS built into the KIOSK through its software can really be handy in case of an emergency.
- Configure and forget about it: KIOSK software creates a barrier for a hacker to drive them nuts. In a way the software acts as a firewall against potential threats of malicious reconfiguration. The KIOSK software gives you the opportunity to lock down the system in case of threat detection and returns to its original page after every use.
- Review usage data: The software dedicated to a KIOSK stores usage statistics of users to see what are the pages the customers fiddle with, from which you can plan your KIOSK services ahead that really interests customers.
- Faster Service: Customers are no longer a stranger to KIOSK software UI that serves as a prospect of utilizing a KIOSK machine to speed up service. For example, McDonalds have rolled out KIOSK with an intuitive UI to create your own burger with a few pushes of a button. Customer can really build their own bespoke burger which was not even available in the standard menu.
- Increased Spend: According to research and statements made by Harvard Business Review, tendency to spend increases when a customer uses well-thought KIOSK software UI as all the additional options and ingredients are beautifully put up as a visual cue to get induce impulse buying.
However, this is an added benefit for the customers because they might not be comfortable to ask for certain additions to a product of might fear being misunderstood and appearing unsophisticated in front of staff.
- Affordability: The greatest benefit of KIOSKS with interactive software is its small price tag. KIOSKs do not need breaks and are functional 24/7. It frees up the staff members for more complex work. KIOSK software is also increasingly simple to setup and install as well.
- Interaction: Beyond shorter queues and precision accuracy, KIOSK software gives the customer an added benefit of saving modifications as favorites or order from history by adding just a few personal details. Such a software also monitors customer behavior to reward them with loyalty programs and gifts if customers meet a certain target. This makes the whole promotional programs a simple walk in the park.
- Lead Capture: KIOSK software is another means to collect customer information by offering customers a way to stay in touch by submitting their contact information such as phone numbers and emails and direct promotional programs through the KIOSK software to designated buyers for fulfilling a specific target.
- Remote Management and Mass Deployment: Retail software for KIOSKs enables remote KIOSE device management. It done not matter where the KIOSK is located as the software knows no boundaries when it comes to remote management. Your IT staff can also reconfigure the KIOSK for mass deployment, update security patches, and push new content onto the screen.
- App and User Management: A KIOSK software is bolstered by its interactive capabilities make the app and user management simple and flexible through the use of multiple mobile apps, delivering multiple UI and also session timeout to protect user privacy.
KIOSKS software in retail is only a one-time investment and can be rolled-out with a little configuration. It will help you cut-down costs and payroll for work that can be done with a machine round the clock. We bet that you will harness superior productivity, enhanced customer experience, and reduce the amount of hired manpower to run a retail setup. KIOSKs and the software used to run them are now the hottest trend in the retail industry. Then what are you actually waiting for? If you are a part of that retail gig you might want to follow the trend to be in your best game.